This program will teach individuals working in a case management and/or counselling capacity the theoretical and pragmatic approach to incorporating Cognitive Behavioural Therapy into their daily practice. Participants will review and analyze the theoretical underpinnings of cognitive behaviourism, discuss the relationship between cognitions, behaviour and affect, explore prominent assessment techniques, and practice key intervention strategies.
- Learn the theoretical underpinnings of cognitive-behaviourism
- Gain an overview of current applications of practices, i.e., anxiety, reduction, interpersonal difficulties, depression, anger management, substance abuse, etc
- Discuss the relationship between cognitions, behaviour and affect
- Study the principles of reciprocal determinism, i.e., reciprocal relationship between cognitions, behaviour and environment and implications for practice
- Explore the prominent assessment techniques utilized in cognitive-behavioural practices
- Learn the key intervention strategies in cognitive-behavioural theory and practice