This program will teach participants the basic concepts of conflict management and resolution by expanding their knowledge and awareness of the structured processes involved. Participants will learn the difference between interests and positions, the effects of strong emotions, and the five speaking strategies for conflict situations.
- The five general categories of conflict resolution strategies and which situations call for which strategy
- The differences between interests and positions within conflict
- How to clarify roles and expectations to help prevent conflict
- The effects of strong emotions in conflict situations
- How to identify when conflict borders on crisis
- How to utilize simulations, role play, and discussions as learning tools, drawing upon actual scenarios encountered by participants in their work