This program teaches participants of all experience levels the guiding principles, strategies and skills for incorporating Miller and Rollnick’s Motivational Interviewing (MI) techniques into their practice. MI, which grew out of Prochaska and DiClemente Stages of Change model, is a form of collaborative conversation for strengthening a client’s motivation and commitment to change.
- Have a clear understanding of the principles and strategies of Motivational Interviewing and the links between motivational interviewing and Prochaska and DiClemente Stages of Change Model
- Learn the key techniques that are used in motivational interviewing
- Be able to help strengthen client motivation by working through the ambivalence that accompanies undertaking change.
- Learn techniques that are effective in working with resistant clients to help them move forward
- Have ideas about how to further incorporate Motivational Interviewing into their practice
MINT certified trainers available.